Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Today's featured menu

I have this problem - I still want to eat, even when I'm sick.  There are days/times when it gets bad enough that all motivation of eating disappears, but not today.  So, here's what's for dinner, so to speak:

Breakfast:
Omelet consisting of 3 eggs and a dollop of Greek yogurt*

Lunch:
Smoothie consisting of fresh banana**, frozen peaches, a little honey, and some Greek yogurt

Dinner:
I'm currently making some chicken/mushroom/carrot soup from scratch.  It smells amazing right now.  I love everything about soup, and think it's going to be great!

Snacks(?)  If I have a snack, it would either be a banana or 1/2 of an avocado.

* Greek yogurt is my one "cheat" on the SCD.  I've tolerated it well all along and will stick with it until I start making my own.
** I use organics for several reasons.  One of which being with an already compromised gut, I don't want to introduce any extra pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers.  I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment