Saturday, August 21, 2010

Stress?

The Prednisone was working great... until yesterday.  Actually, even then it started out good.  I woke up with the startling surprise of constipation.  I really was a little taken off guard, but strangely happy too.  The day before, I had only a couple of BMs, but yesterday, I had several, with each one a little less formed until night-time when I was passing bloody diarrhea.  Now THIS was truly a shock.  I feel bullet-proof with the Prednisone, but have been following SCD, with the exception of one icing rose off of my daughter's b-day cake yesterday.  Maybe that was it, maybe it was not sleeping much the night before, maybe overwhelming stress of moving, maybe all or none?...  Oh, and, I stopped taking my Lialda because I ran out when I was actually supposed to be increasing it, and haven't taken Canasa suppositories in a while...  Medication is such a mind f*ck as is this whole illness.  I spend so much time trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, or what I need to tweak when possibly the current symptoms are not my 'fault.'

SO, today.  Today, my food consists of eggs, yogurt, bananas... I think that will pretty much be it.  I've started on my new higher dose of Lialda, restarted Canasa, and will be actively accomplishing things on my to-do list so that I have less anxiety, and taking time to meditate and BREATH.  IMHO, that is controlling what I can, and hoping for the best with what I can't.  Just trying SO hard not to freak out that I'm going to have some crazy flare-up at the start of my new job... but let's stay optimistic for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment