Thursday, August 12, 2010

My first prosciutto



I've been doing pretty good health-wise recently, but yesterday and today have had a few symptoms indicating the possibility of a flare onset.  I'm trying to take it easy today and make sure I'm sticking strictly to the SCD.  Last night at the local Co-op, I purchased my first prosciutto (you can only stare at something curiously at the store so many times before trying it) and a small yellow watermelon among other things.  So for lunch today, I took three of the six paper-thin slices of ham and wrapped around small pieces of the melon.  Pure heaven.  Of course I had a bowl more of the watermelon sans ham.  Both the prosciutto and melon are organic, and the ham is free of any fillers or anything else.  Even though it is expensive, we buy organic whenever possible because of ethics/farm management as well as health.  The ham was certainly rich, with the three small slices equalling 90 calories, so it will be an occasional treat since fatty foods can hurt my gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment