Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pred-dread?

Naw.  Not really.  I was actually relieved to have the new scrip called in.

Today, I started an eight week taper.  Two weeks at 20mg, two at 15, two at 10, and then 2 at 5.  My doctor also increased my Lialda from 2 horse pills/day to 4.  In theory, if I can get into remission, the Lialda increases my chances of staying in remission.  Two a day didn't do squat for me, but here's hoping.

I ate soft SCD all day yesterday, trying to be as gentle as possible to my gut.  I think I jinxed myself with yesterday morning's post, because the bleeding significantly increased throughout the day.  Even though I had a lousy sleep last night, I'm feeling MUCH better right now with the higher dose of pred.  My appetite is starting to amp up already, but I'm sticking to really safe foods, just going smaller portions, more often.  I'm also getting hot flashes.  I had both of these issues last time, but neither was too bad.  I'm hoping that with staying on 20mg for 2 weeks that I don't have more problems this time, but right now I'm grateful that I didn't need a high dose and that I'm going to have some relief!!!  :)  By the time I get down to 5mg this time, I will have been on the SCD for around 2 months, and hopefully that, combined with my Lialda will keep me in remission!  I'm soooo glad that I feel confident about being symptom free during the move next week and starting a new job.  I'm going to find a kick-ass doctor and prepare for great improvements in my health!  :)

That's all for now.  Peace and health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment